Please see what she gleaned from our Saturday evening dinner guest because I cannot compose a more illuminating recap.
All I can add is that we cooked a box of our Shanghai purchased pasta, of which Lin Qiang ate 5.5 bites since he was so busy talking. "I am very excited!" he explained. Had we not subjected ourselves to the hell of Club Seven the night before we probably would've been more excited too. As it was, he was thoroughly enjoyable and educational company, one of the most vivacious Chinese I've met. The majority of Chinese have a somewhat irritating habit of modesty: "You know my English is very poor," "No, no I am not very beautiful," etc. Lin Qiang is refreshingly very candid: "See?! I am a good teacher!"
We'll be having him over again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i feel so embarrassed at such words of praise from the family writer!
does she give photo credits for new sidebar decoration, too?
Post a Comment