A few days ago Allie, my mom and I drove north to Fair Share Farm to help out for a morning. We started out picking kale, and bunching the leaves for the share boxes that'd get picked up later in the day. Then we moved on to the tomatoes, trimmed and cleaned garlic, started putting together salsa packs, and then hopped in the back of the truck to go out to the bean field. The 96-degree heat wasn't so bad with the steady breeze, and we all appreciated a solid morning of solid work. It's good (and so fun!) to get up close and personal with your food.
Allie in the beans
In addition to farmhanding, Al & I have been doing some yoga. I love an enormous sweat in a hot yoga class. It feels good to feel good.
(For the record, Patron doled out by a young dad at the Peanut does not do a body good after a night of charity event's cocktails. I should stick to farming, yoga and one breed of intoxicant per night. I miss my youth.)

No comments:
Post a Comment